Page 201 of 252 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Thank you to all Veterans!

Great job on pulling through the hardships to get Magoo to this point. Mr. Magoo would have been proud to ride shot gun with you on your first parade.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    thank you to all veterans!

Great job on pulling through the hardships to get magoo to this point. Mr. Magoo would have been proud to ride shot gun with you on your first parade.
    yes he would have... Was thinking that very thought

anchor lobe and eagle.jpg

to all my usmc friends and brothers, happy 244th birthday

Goodnight Chesty, wherever you are. Happy birthday!

Darn, got a issue!!!!
    oil pump leaking at gasket.
    this is due ro having to remove the oild pump more than once for various reasons while bringing engine up to speed
    correct me if i am wrong, been while since i have taken one out (PIA) but they only go back one way, with the offset and particular way the distributor connect to the pump it can only go in one way CORRECT???

Correct, it will only go back in one way.

Thank you for your continued service to our Freedom and Country Ira!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 11-11-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Correct, it will only go back in one way.

Thank you for your continued service to our Freedom and Country Ira!
    the one and only thing wrong with being old is being old, just wish could still be on active duty, could maybe help some of these wonderful youngsters keep alive, may be old fart but still know how to do it and maybe can teach that

I recommend the following book that covers the very topic you are talking about;

https://www.amazon.com/Silence-War-M.../dp/1101988185

Maybe there are some avenues that you can share your knowledge? It would be worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I recommend the following book that covers the very topic you are talking about;

https://www.amazon.com/Silence-War-M.../dp/1101988185

Maybe there are some avenues that you can share your knowledge? It would be worth looking into.
    The Marines were offering quick re enlistment bonus and quick process for gulf war '91. i said wth, went for it, got letter saying yeah rpt here for new uniforms and suxh. Then I got a phone call from the Sgt Major of the USMC. he said and i quote"JONES WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TRYING TO DO, YOU AINT GOING ANYWHERE YOU GOT TOO MANY HOLES IN YOU NOW YOU WILL SIT THIS ONE OUT" OH WELL

DIFFERENT NOTE,
    Pulled oil pump, made a new gasket, re installed oil pump all done in less than a hour. damn getting good on the 134F

Ira, you were better off sitting that one out …

My ’91 Gulf War story was a bit different. I had been passed over the third time for E9 (Master Chief), my appeals had been ignored, so I had to put in my retirement papers in July of 90. The stuff hit the fan and in September, while I was waiting for the approval of my retirement, I got a call from a detailer at Naval Reserve New Orleans.

The detailer was looking for a Senior Chief to act as the OIC for an advanced electronics depot in the eastern Med area. Now, remember at that time we had no idea what this was going to turn out to be – it could have been a Korea or Viet Nam. I asked the detailer if, once I took this assignment, it would get me my E9 selection. The answer back was “No, this won’t have any impact on your pending retirement, just postpone it”.

My next response was; “Well, I missed all the Viet Nam opportunities in 1967 and I think I’ll just pass this one as well”. About a month later, I got a second call from a LCDR who asked me if I had thought about my answer. “Yes sir, I have and I think it was a good answer. Not me this time.”

My E8 USMC buddy did take a mobilization to Saudi Arabia where he served as a marksmanship instructor for the Saudi army. His comment was “I’d had better luck trying to teach camels to dance…”. He didn’t get E9 out of it either.