Thread: 1948 Cal Willys Pickup Saying Hello

1948 Cal Willys Pickup Saying Hello

Hi everyone! New to the whole forum thing but I thought I would give it a go. I picked up a 1948 Willys Pickup about 9 months ago. Wanted to work on something with the boys and have something to tinker with. I was hoping to make this thing a daily driver with maybe a bit of off road trail type driving thrown in. Got her down to her chassis and wondering more often than not what I have gotten myself into. I have to say I am enjoying it though. I hope to be posting some pics soon and asking a lot, and I mean a lot of advice. Any anyone can through my way would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

great looking truck to start a project with! where in Cali are you? my wife and I just returned from a vacation trip to Cali. we started out in San Diego and worked our way north to the Sequoia forrest north of Bakersfield. What a great state to visit. Anyway, what are your plans? staying original or going with some modern truck stuff?

100_2787.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPowerCat View Post
    great looking truck to start a project with! where in Cali are you? my wife and I just returned from a vacation trip to Cali. we started out in San Diego and worked our way north to the Sequoia forrest north of Bakersfield. What a great state to visit. Anyway, what are your plans? staying original or going with some modern truck stuff?
    I currently live in the Sacremento valley area. This is not my original home town but love the opportunity to buy Cali cars as they are not too badly weathered. The power train in the truck is not original and neither is the rear axel but I like whats in there. Plan is to clean it up and make a daily driver but also make it fun to look at. The theme I am going with is Hawaiian. The whole family loves Hawaii so why not. More specifically looking at a tiki mask type of scheme. In the end plan to be charcoal black with some blue lines, wooden stake bed, and a chasis and power train that can hit the trails if we like. This is my first build of anything of this magnitude so I am really nervous. Right now she is down to the chassis and I scratch my head to figure what to do next. I keep telling myself small steps at a time and before I know it, it will be done. Having a lot of fun though. Thanks for the reply.