Thread: Passenger seat frame

Passenger seat frame

At long last my basket case CJ3B is coming out of my driveway. I can't believe I've been tinkering off and on for over 10 years. There are still some issues but I'm optimistically taking it off the "invalid list" and putting it on the "rehabilitating" list. I strongly suspect that this Jeep was heavily cannibalized since the scope of what wasn't there and what I've had to buy is completely daunting in hindsight.

That I could finally rationalize buying a passenger seat means I am really running to the bottom of the to-do list. It snaps right into place and now I see that there are seat frame chains I could add. I'm not really sure what else may be missing. I plan to attach a piece of plywood to the bottom. The rear left looks like it could benefit from a rubber foot pad and the rear right just props up against the wheel well. It seems it might make a rubbing noise. What should that rubber foot pad look like?

Nemo, Its good to see that your almost there! gmwillys set me straight on the seats. It does just bump against the body on the right rear side. The foot is a piece of rubber. I made spacers out of heavy conveyor belting. The thickness is whatever it takes to level the seat. OMG my floor is dirty.

I had to laugh at you comment on the purchase of cannibalized parts! The good news is we can still get a hold of those parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmorgil; 04-27-2022 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I had to laugh at you comment on the purchase of cannibalized parts! The good news is we can still get a hold of those parts.
    Yes, I commented to some of the members of my Saab club that I believe it would be almost possible to build a Jeep from the ground up, unlike the Saabs whose parts are getting more and more complicated to source every day. Our local Saab club allows me to comment and compare to my Jeep, eyes rolling, I imagine about the way Jeep people do--as long as I don't stray to far from the topic, lol

I'm not sure why the photo isn't loading for me. Says I lack the necessary permissions. but it allows me to post a reply. In the end I found a rubber cap that fits over a bolt head that works rather well. Thanks for the info on the other side!