Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Willys MB

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Piece of art
    Thanks AZ!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    This is like watching a Jeep grow from a seed!

bb that gear shift might be a little on the large side.
    Thanks for the feedback, I've made adjustment for the shifter. I have reduce the size of the shifter width at the ball side from 2mm to 1.5. It is tapering from the floor side where the diameter of the shifter is at 2.5mm. I reduced the size of the ball from 6mm to 4mm. We'll see if it's still printable.

237.JPG

I may have found a solution for the roughness on the top of the firewall. I will cut the firewall in two along the driver-passenger axe and print them on the split face. We'll see later today if that looks good or not. But here is the new approach

238.JPG

Very successful day.

Here is the right portion of the firewall/dash that I printed split in two.

239.jpg 240.jpg 241.jpg 242.jpg 243.jpg

Tomorrow I will be assembling the left portion and paint them. We will have an almost complete front of the MB.

Perfectionism on display. I'm less worried about the sagging concerns mentioned previously. Is that correct? Seems like the thickness, the plastique, will hold the weight of whatever parts are installed above. Looking ahead, I think this has the hinged windshield? Is it going to be glass or clear but printed? Achieving a clear windshield is my question. Love the progress!

Perfectionism on display. I'm less worried about the sagging concerns mentioned previously. Is that correct? Seems like the thickness, the plastique, will hold the weight of whatever parts are installed above. Looking ahead, I think this has the hinged windshield? Is it going to be glass or clear but printed? Achieving a clear windshield is my question. Love the progress!
    Thanks AZ, I'm not worried about sagging either at this point. Yes it has the hinged windshield. I will try to make it work, but because of the scale it might not be possible. There is no real clear printed parts. Although they sell clear filament, it ain't clear once printed. I will use the clear vinyl that people put over nice heirloom table cloths. That's what I used for the Rover.

To each day it's challenge.

I now have the right and left parts printed and glued. Now when i joined them both, they do not mate the way I wish they would.

244.jpg 245.jpg 246.jpg

No amount of coercion is convincing them to mate.

So plan C: Two parts that once glued together will have to go over the shifters. Even though this seems obvious, I didn't go with this plan because of the scale factor. It's perfect for 1:10 scale but 1:6 won't fit many printer's bed. Fortunately for me, it fits on mine.

247.JPG

It will take 10 hours to print.

Follow up tomorrow!

Looks great! Love the detail.

I'm clearer on why my Jeep truck has some parts that overlap! A nice over lap covers up some fitment error I'm thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Looks great! Love the detail.
    Thanks GM,

I'm clearer on why my Jeep truck has some parts that overlap! A nice over lap covers up some fitment error I'm thinking...
    The overlap makes sense. Will keep this in mind.

Here's a nice update, grill, hood, fenders, firewall and dash printed and installed on the 1:10

248.jpg 249.jpg 250.jpg 251.jpg 252.jpg

Un freaking believable. I love this thing. Did you name it yet?

Un freaking believable. I love this thing. Did you name it yet?
    Thanks Az, no name, never thought of that!

Worked on the windshield. At this scale of 1:10 it is quite fragile. I broke a lot of the parts. Then I went a bit bigger on the tubing size so it would not break every time I sneezed around it.

Let's start with a rendering

265.JPG

The parts

264.jpg

And the assembled windshield

258.jpg 259.jpg 260.jpg
    Last edited by bluesblooded; 11-14-2020 at 06:10 PM.